This Collection of Cardstock DIY Stencils – Sentiments – is a Craft Smart Collection.
- Size of each Stencil in the Collection of 15 Stencil Sheets is 12″ x 12″.
- These stencils are reusable.
- They are easy to use.
Remove the stencil from your painted project before the paint dries.
Allow the paint to dry on the stencil and then use it again
- See the instructions on the stencil package for more information.
Using cardstock stencils offers several advantages compared to other stencil materials. Here are some benefits of using cardstock stencils:
- Cost-effective: Cardstock is an affordable material, making it budget friendly.
- Flexibility: Cardstock is relatively flexible, allowing it to conform to different surfaces and curves. This flexibility makes it suitable for various applications.
- Lightweight: Cardstock is lightweight, making it easy to handle and manoeuvre during the stencilling process.
Cardstock stencils can be used on a variety of surfaces, including:
- Paper and cardboard: Cardstock stencils can be used to decorate paper crafts, such as scrapbooks, greeting cards, or invitations.
- Walls: When stenciling walls, cardstock stencils can be a great option. They are easy to attach to the wall using tape or spray adhesive, allowing you to create patterns or designs.
- Fabrics: Cardstock stencils can be used for customizing T-shirts, fabric bags, or other textile items. Simply secure the stencil to the fabric using tape or temporary adhesive and apply fabric paint or spray over it.
- Wood signs: Cardstock stencils are suitable for creating designs on wooden signs. They can be attached to the wood surface using tape or a temporary adhesive, enabling you to paint or apply a wood stain.
- Canvas painting: Kids can also have fun with these easy to paint stencils. Paint or spray paint directly on the canvas or use a pencil or fine tip black non-smudge Sharpie marker to outline the words and then paint them with an Acrylic paint pen or with regular Acrylic brush paint. Remember to spray the cardstock with a sealant spray (outdoors) or brush on some Mod Podge (indoors) to protect the stencil before spray painting or brush painting. Also use painter’s tape to keep the stencil from moving around while you paint.
To seal cardstock stencils before using them, you can follow these steps:
- Clear adhesive sealant spray: Apply a light coat of clear adhesive sealant spray to the front side of the stencil. This helps protect the cardstock from absorbing paint and makes it easier to clean afterward.
- If you are working indoors, it is preferable not to use a spray. Rather use Mod Podge or another sealant that can be painted onto the stencil.
- Allow drying: Allow the adhesive spray to dry completely. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the recommended drying time.
- Use painter’s tape: If you want to further protect the cardstock stencil, you can apply painter’s tape to cover the areas surrounding the design. This will prevent accidental paint overspray or smudging.
Remember that cardstock stencils are generally not as durable as reusable plastic or metal stencils, so they may not withstand heavy use or multiple cleaning cycles. However, with proper sealing and careful handling, you can extend their lifespan and enjoy their benefits for various crafting and decorating projects.
You will love this Collection of Cardstock DIY Stencils – Sentiments which contains 15 stencils with 49 designs.
We have a wide variety of excellent quality mylar stencils as well.