This Craft Board Kit allows kids to use their creativity. He/She will be kept occupied painting the Craft Boards. If the kids decide to make coasters for gifts, see the doily idea below.
Recommended: Place a plastic table cloth under the craft boards or coasters and paint etc. when kids are painting for easy clean-up.
The Kit contains the following:
- 2 Craft Boards (one round and one square)
- Non-Toxic Paints
- Small white cup to clean paint brush
- A Paint brush
- A Sponge Brush
- Mod Podge
- 1 Doily (a folded example of how to cut it is enclosed). Fold the example in half and see where we have cut it and then fold it again and see where we have cut it.
- Small piece of Wax Paper. Use for paints and Mod Podge.
Age: Not for kids under 5 years old. Parental supervision is always recommended.
Below are Ideas:
Your kid(s) can paint the craft boards or coasters in swirls of mixed colours or a plain colour. Kids are very creative and have their own ideas. As long as they have fun.
Whatever they decide to do with their Craft Boards, once the paint is completely dry, follow the “Mod Podge” instructions below to seal their project.
Using a Doily:
- Paint the coasters with a plain light colour first.
- Let the paint dry completely.
- Place the doily over the coaster(s).
- Paint some of the cut out parts of the doily with different colours; otherwise one colour. It’s a personal choice.
- Let the paint on the craft board(s) or coaster(s) dry completely.
If used for coasters to give as a gift, ensure that the paints are as even and smooth as possible.
- Pour enough Mod Podge on the piece of wax paper provided, enough to cover the painted area of the Craft Board(s) or Coaster(s). You can always add more if necessary.
- Take the sponge brush and pick up some Mod Podge from the wax paper.
- Brush the Mod Podge over the entire painted area. (The Mod Podge is white until it dries and becomes clear.)
- Mod Podge seals the painted project.
- Wash the Sponge Brush immediately after using Mod Podge so that the Sponge can be used for other projects.
- If making Coasters, see that the paints and mod podge are smooth.
Another idea is to find a picture you like in a magazine or use a copy of a picture you have that is suitable. See that it is the right size. Cut it to fit on the front of one of the Craft Boards. Take the sponge brush and brush the Mod Podge on the back of the picture, turn it over and stick it onto the front of the Craft Board and see that it is stuck down properly everywhere. See that it is smooth and then let the Mod Podge dry. Now you have the perfect gift for a loved one or friend. It’s that easy.
- Wash the Sponge Brush immediately after use.
Size of Round Craft Board: Approx. Diameter: 8.3 cm
Size of Square Craft Board: Approx. 8.5 cm
If you have any questions, please send us an email and we will do our best to assist you.
I hope your kid(s) enjoy this fun project!